Mike gets out, Elora arrives and life gets back to normal


I went back to London on Wednesday afternoon, and had a nice quiet day to myself on Thursday.  Mike had texted to say all was going well - and he had done a beer run to Asda for himself and his roommate so rehab was well under way!

Elora was born to Lee and Emma on Thursday 12th April.


Neville and Beau seem to have taken to her ok - the blanket in the last photo was crocheted by me!  I quickly got the date stitched into a cross stitch I had ready - and I found a few moments the next day to make a card and send it off so it was there soon after they took her home.


I went to Steve's to ring handbells on Friday morning - we attempted a peal of Superlative with Peter B and Peter K (me on 5-6) but it was miscalled.  So we rang a bit more to practice and then I got off to go to Stoke Mandeville to get Mike nice and early.  We got home and had a cup of tea and then it was off to Barnes to ring a QP!  Hammersmith Bob Triples never really got going so we changed to Grandsire and rang a very nice QP.  I checked Mike's back afterwards and it was ok - so it was back to normal with practice followed by supper at the Red Lion


Mike's back continued to stand up well to normal life - he just adjusted his position in bed (both sitting and lying) to keep off it a bit more than he used to do.  I was very impressed with the surgery and with the way it had healed.

I went over to Petersfield on Tuesday 17th to go for a walk with Gill.  We went on a really good circular walk near Liss which was about 3 miles and took about 1.30 hours. We went to the Five Bells at Buriton for lunch, where we both had lovely homemade burgers, and then I came home again.  I was pleased to find that the driving was manageable as I had been worried I would be too tired to stay awake for the drive home.


The weather turned extremely hot over the last part of the week - Thursday was the hottest day in April since 1949 and hit 27 degrees.  I went to aerobics and when I got home spent two hours in the garden.  I weeded and dug over all the beds, then dug in all the compost from the bin, and sorted out some tying up and training of last year's new clematis plants.  I was going to wash the car after that but I found I had completely run out of energy for the rest of the day - so I sat in the garden for a while enjoying the fruits of my labour (with Suki), and then cross stitched for a couple of hours.  I took Suki for a latish walk as it was so hot - and I went to bed early as I couldn't keep my eyes open!


Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence