A brief trip home

Clearing the drive had been a really good idea - the sun came out again the next morning and although it had little effect on the deep snow, it melted all the patches of ice on the drive and dried it up so that getting out later was not a problem.  I took Suki for another long walk in Parke from the house before setting off for London, via Jay's for lunch.

I got to Jay's house just after 1 pm - Suki dragged me through the garden and into the house, and then promptly peed on the carpet!  I don't know if it was the smell of cat or just excitement.  Jay produced a nice lunch of homemade soup, rolls, quiche and salad - and a cup of her nice strong coffee to finish.  Certainly helped break up the journey - and I didn't need to eat a single sweet.  Must be a record.

It was funny being in the house on my own - strangely quiet.  I made a lot of progress on admin and paperwork and I finished putting the Barnes QPs since the fire on Bell Board.  I went to see Mike on Wednesday and took some Lebanese mezze for lunch, and went again on Thursday evening with a curry from Chapati Club.  I had taken the bus to Lahori to get their curry only to find it had not yet opened at 12.15, so I got the bus back - 607 Express bus in both directions meant I was only out of the house for about 15 mins.  I was very late getting to Mike as I had to wait for the curry and driving in the dark was very wearing.

After making the effort to get back the supper with Caroline and Pru was cancelled as Caroline was not well.

I made it to aerobics on Thursday and Forever Fit on Friday.  Hard work after being away from it for a couple of weeks. I didn't go ringing on Friday evening but watched a couple of hours of Sport Relief.

On Friday Mr Derry had a look at the operation site and said that Mike would have to stay lying flat on the special bed until at least the Wednesday after Easter.  I went back to see Mike on the Saturday - long tedious drive each way because of road works on the A40, and he agreed that it was ok for me to go back down to Devon.  This bucked me up no end. I spent a couple of hours with him and then went back home to watch the boat race which was scheduled on tv at 3.50 pm.  After some 40 mins of drivel from girlies being silly or gushing or both I checked the web site and found that the womens race was due to start at 4.30 and the mens at 5.30, so I took Suki out for a walk for an hour and got back in time to watch the men's race (won conclusively by Cambridge).

Sunday morning I went to 8 am and ringing, and then Suki and I headed off to Devon again!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb