Tuesday 2nd December

Went walking with Maryanne.  Left in good time but it took nearly half an hour just to get on to the A40 - the traffic was virtually gridlocked along the Uxbridge Road compounded by the recycling lorries.  I was only 5 mins late and I picked her up and we drove to The Black Horse in Chesham where we parked the car.  It was a brilliant walk of about 5.7 miles, with only a couple of mild ascents and hardly any road walking.  The weather was wet and grey but it didn't seem to matter - just a bit thickly muddy underfoot at times. We took about 3 hours - getting back to the pub at 1 pm where we had a lovely lunch (hunters chicken for me).  Amanda came over with Bethany when I got back - she had been to Westfields with Lorraine and Sam and they had then gone on to a Slash concert.  Bethany soon got used to Suki, and vice versa.  I went out to choir practice at 7.30 - just as Amanda realised that Lorraine's bedroom was locked.  So I left her looking for a screwdriver to undo the screw of the lock - which she eventually did.  When I got back home Amanda had made up all the beds (Lorraine's on the sofa in the living room and Sam's on the futons in the back bedroom) and we shared a bottle of wine and had a good chinwag.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb