Thursday 4th December

Got up early and saw Mike off to work and then stripped both beds and started a mammoth lot of washing.  I kept the heating on all day and got it all dried too.  I also de-scaled the kettle!  Lorraine went off to the Convent so I had the day to myself. Sister Barbara had sent me three cross stitch kits and I was going to give a note for her to Lorraine to take - but I didn't get round to it.  I finally got round to doing my Christmas newsletter which is a great relief.  I also wrapped some more presents and am feeling somewhat on top of Christmas at the moment, although I haven't written any cards yet.  I took Suki out at 3 pm and then had a shower and put the final load of washing on.  Went out to meet up with Pru and Caroline for supper at Tas in the evening.  It was a lovely meal and I noted a first when I had read a book that they had both read (Children of Men by P D James).  Normally they discuss Booker prize winners etc which are somewhat out of my league.  Got home by 9 and was in bed by 9.30 - I was going to watch tv but found I was tired enough to go to sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence