Thursday 12 June

Having stayed in London on Tuesday 10 June so that I could attend the meeting after choir rehearsal (but not the rehearsal!) I travelled down to Devon on Wednesday morning, arriving around lunch time.  There was a lovely cushion from Jayne on Uncle Frank's rocking chair which I loved. I spent an hour or so sorting out the bric a brac for the Summer Fair and then emailed the people that it was ready - they came round for it that evening.  It was good to get so much out of the cupboard. Then went for a walk in the plantation.  Got back just about the same time as Jayne and we had a nice mezze supper and red wine to celebrate the start of my "holiday".

There was a tea party at Tracey House on Thursday afternoon which was very well attended and a ve pleasant affair.  It was very hot but there seemed to be enough shade for everyone who wanted it.  I had a nice cream tea and also took some scones home with me.  There were a couple of stalls selling knick knacks and a raffle but not much of interest.  They raised over £600 for the Befrienders (although Margaret is a befriender and wondered why they needed any money since they charge enough to cover the travel expenses of the driver, and the volunteers give their time for free.)  Suki was sick when she got back and with hindsight I don't think I should have taken her - she had to be restrained the whole time and although I kept her in shade she probably got a bit warm.   Went to handbells in the evening.   I was allowed to have a go at double handling for one piece (I found it very difficult remembering which one was which as they were letters not numbers but I got it in the end).

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence