Sunday 29 June

Went to 8 am than skipped all the ringing and went home for some breakfast. Tried to put dad's cd on phone but it needs converting from .cda. Put video on phone and took memorial photo book with me and went off to crem, parked at crem and walked to ASDA.  Got there just before 10.30 and found John in the queue waiting for the doors to open. We had a cup of tea then bought some flowers and walked up to the crem. There was a lady official clearing out old flowers - huge number, probably because of recent Father's Day. Lots of space for our flowers. We watched the video and I put dad's photo on my flowers with the 3 poems on the back. Then we walked to the garden and laid roses on the ashes spot. Then John went off to catch the bus back to the hotel in kensington where he is staying with Gill and I went home. Had wrap with Lorraine's quorn dish for lunch then went to do church sitting. Caught the bus as it was outside when I came out the door. Mike popped in to church after parish barbecue then went home and walked suki. In the evening went over to David's and rang handbell peal of 3xspliced called by Steve with Chris O'Mahony.

The poems:

I thought of you with love today
But that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday
And days before that too
I think of you in silence
I often call your name
All I have are memories
And your photo in a frame
Your memory is a keepsake
With which I'll never part
God has you in his keeping
I have you in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, 
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say "Goodbye".
You were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence