Monday 17 February

Weighed myself for the first time in a week and delighted to be 10.10. At last a tiny bit of progress. Carolyn Leanne and Lorraine went to Majorca for a week today. Mike had been retching in the night and was still not well this morning. I gave him a diaralyte to drink while I got ready and then a cup of tea. He couldn't eat the slice of toast I made him. Had my porridge and tea and washed up,then took suki out to Acton park and then on to bank to deposit Jayne's cheque at last. Was going to bank more middx subs but discovered Lloyd's branch is now a TSB. Got back and Svetla helped me put heavy garden bags into car and I took them and other rubbish to tip. Fat slob of a man sitting in a chair told me I couldn't have level access to the skip and if I couldn't lift the bags I would have to go to Greenford. So I lugged the bags up step by step and then emptied them by hand until they were light enough to lift. Not one person helped me or asked me if I could manage. Wouldn't happen in Bovey. Dropped one of the bags in the skip and a different worker got it out for me with a hook and then offered me a couple of garden bags sitting in the corner which was nice of him. I then saw another worker carrying tiny little bags of rubbish to the skip for a posh woman in a four by four. I was incensed! Mike did not improve through the day so made appointment and I went with him to the doctor at 5. Came away with prescription so dashed back to catch pharmacy. He took a couple of the pills and I made him up a new rehydration drink. Went off to ringing - there were four of us to begin with, 5 for most of the practice, and 6 right at the end when Francis turned up. I had to ring all night!  Nick suggested I demonstrate how to take control of a rope that was flying out of control - I vetoed that idea since I would just run a mile!  Went straight home afterwards - mike still not good. I finished off Spanish cheese and sausage with a beer for supper and had early night.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence