Thursday 12 December

Mike didn't go to work as going in tomorrow for Christmas lunch. Got up at 8.30! Got out with suki just after 9.30. Back in time to make mike a cup of tea then went to station to meet Susie. We immediately went for "breakfast" so I dutifully had beans on toast. It was lovely to see her again and have a catch up. We went to the lighting shop where Susie bought 3 glass shades for her hall and I bought a new shade for the bedroom to match the curtains (£9).  Got the bus to larden road intending to come home for a coffee then realised Susie due at solicitors at 3 so turned round and walked to the station. Got mike a baguette for lunch on the way back and me a tuna bap for supper.  Did all the abroad cards then took suki for a walk and posted them.  Then had a productive couple of hours writing up all the other cards and printing more letters. Stopped when down to final two cartridges. Listened to music on PC while doing this. Had it on shuffle so heard tracks from albums I had not yet listened to -pleasantly surprised by some although none I would add to a playlist so far. Baked the garlic bread for. Ike to take to choir party and he cut it up. Drove him there for 7.30. Came back and watched tv with my bap and a Margaret's country kitchen Bakewell tart. Then wrapped jayne's present and packed her parcel then covered my copy of messiah. Lorraine came in very chatty and witty. Picked up mike at 10.30 - so had not had a drink. Had ovaltine and scotch when I got in and went to bed. Read my book for a while. Struggled for a long time to get to sleep - leg still very troublesome. Resorted to music in the end - Jim reeves this time rather than my usual art garfunkel.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence