Saturday 7 December

Mike and Hugo went off for the day ringing.  I was going to take suki for long walk but lost the motivation after Mike sent Hugo back in three times for things he had forgotten,  with all the barking that entailed - and thus ensuring Lorraine had to wake up - and then Mike phoned me to say windscreen wipers didn't fit.  Walked round acton park then went up to Acton with Lorraine to Christmas Market and to take clothes to charity shop.  Bought flashing Christmas trees from poundstretcher and a few baubles. Little one for home and bigger one for Devon. Also bought a candle for beryl but forgot to put it in the parcel when I wrapped it! Spent a couple of hours finishing off newsletter with more photos and also creating cards for Kettering girls from collage of photos of last year's lunch. Uploaded it to Drive but colours didn't look right when I got it up on PC so I went back and got laptop to take it into back bedroom to print direct from publisher. As I was carrying it through I tripped over the pedal of the upstairs chair, or possibly the dog, and fell heavily onto the end of the metal arm for the pedal badly damaging my shin. Laptop went flying but survived unscathed. Suki was shaken up and limped a couple of times. Lorraine provided me with TLC and wiped the wound with an antiseptic wipe and put a dressing on from her first aid kit. Suki and I then limped round Wendell park for a short walk. When I got back Lorraine had taken most if the stuff up from around the table in the living room and I then cleared the piano and handbell cases. We decided to leave the rest till the next day and I sat down with my leg up to ease the swelling and Lorraine cooked us pasta pesto and cheese and we watched strictly together. I then decided to go to bed with my book so we took the dressing off to change it. As expected it had stuck to the open wound a bit so we hunted around for some savlon cream and eventually I found some iodine cream from district nurse days and we put that on a fresh dressing. Just as I was going to bed at 9.15 mike texted to say he was just going out to eat in tunbridge wells!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb