Saturday 23 November

Mike (and Hugo) went off ringing QPs and I took Suki to Middle Assendon and did last week's walk again on my own.  Mike had bought me the other Chiltern Hills 1:25000 maps so I had the map as well as the instructions - but hardly needed either as the route was so easy to follow.  It was another cold but bright day - clouding over for a while but getting sunny again towards lunchtime.  It took me two and a half hours.  The final hill was a bit of a killer but it was well worth it for the lovely ridge walk back down to Middle Assendon.  Came home and had soup again for lunch.  Then went to bed for two hours.  Got up and had a shower - then Mike came home.  Emma collected Suki at 5.30 and Mike and I went to the UL dinner at Browns in Old Jewry.  We had a taxi there and back.  Traffic was horrendous on the way there, but we arrived at 6.30 in time for the champagne!  Adrian, Helen and Robert were very late - arriving as we were having our main course.  They soon caught up.  We had a good evening.  Mike sat on the bench chair to be nearer the table so was not very mobile, but people came to talk to us all evening.  The speeches were amusing as usual.  The formalities were over by 9.20 and our taxi was booked at 11.30 and at the time we wondered how we were going to last another two hours - but when 11.30 came it took us by surprise.  Mike made a pig's ear of getting out of the taxi - sort of collapsing out on to the chair.  Then as I walked to the front door I looked behind and he had failed to make the kerb and landed on his back in the road.  I couldn't stop giggling - but the people in the car that had stopped rushed out to help, which was just as well as I don't think I could have pushed the chair up again on my own.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb