Thursday 17 October

Got Mike off to work and resisted temptation to go back to bed. Took suki to Acton park. Lovely morning. Came back did washing and made Dahl and veg soup and cooked the beetroot from the veg box. Practiced Abel a lot and did the ironing watching downton abbey on itv player on the tv. Suki spent the morning following the sunshine around the room and basking in it.  No problems with it this time.  Several parcels delivered by postman tied together with rubber band. Thought they were all for Lorraine as she had said she was expecting a lot.  Later realised one was for me from fragrant earth which should have been delivered to Devon for Jayne. Emailed strong letter and they told me to use their account to get TNT to collect it and deliver it the next day. Did that and had quick shower. They asks they would come before 4.45 as I was going out at 5 for handbells. When they didn't arrive by then I phoned and was told the driver had tried at 111 at 3.15. So basically I had been sitting there for two hours and they weren't even on their way.  When I queried why the driver hadn't phoned me on the number I had provided (in the event the driver had any issues!) I was told the drivers don't carry mobile phones! As if. Then had to take suki out - she was really short changed and only got the minimum 20 minutes. Very late leaving for guys but got there just before 6.30 and even beat James.  The attempt iof Cambridge with me on 3-4 and Steve calling it went much better than I expected and we rang for over an hour before it all went pear shaped. We then tried for a QP with me on 5-6 but I was hopeless and it was a non-starter. I think I had used up all my brain power. We all went for a drink and had a nice bottle of wine in the wine bar. Had beetroot sandwich when I got home. Beetroot is delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb